This recipe uses the best of the local food from the Pawtuxet Village Farmers Market, where Penelope gets her goods.
• 1/2 lb. fresh Jonah crab meat from The Local Catch
• 2 Blue Skys Farm spring onions (with or without greens; your choice), chopped small
• handful fresh Pak Express cilantro, chopped fine
• 2 ripe avocados, mashed, or about 1 1-2 cups guacamole
• lemon-pepper & salt to taste
• juice of at least one lime, to taste
Combine all but the crab; then use a large fork to fold in the crabmeat carefully so it will stay chunky. Serve on Le Favorite Bakery’s whole-grain bread, crisply toasted and drizzled with good olive oil. Optional: shredded Narragansett Creamery Queso Blanco or cheddar. Serves 3–4.
—from our friend Penelope