The next in our summer recipe series, courtesy of professional chefs Deja Hart and Mary Weaver of Newport Cooks: Cooking School for Adults & Children.
- 1 Head Cauliflower, divided into bite sized florets
- 1⁄2 cup Ghee
- 4 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp Madras Curry Powder
- 1 14 oz can Chickpeas
- 8 oz Smoked Mussels (whole) OR Smoked Bluefish or Tuna (shredded)
- 1⁄2 Bunch Green Onions, sliced
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp Rhed’s Hot Sauce
- Juice of 1⁄2 Lemon
- Salt, to taste
Preheat broiler. Melt 1⁄4 cup ghee. Toss with cauliflower, season with salt and spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast until lightly browned and cooked through. Heat remaining 1⁄4 cup ghee in a sauté pan. Add garlic and cook until soft. Add curry powder and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Add chickpeas and cook 1 minute. Place in a large bowl. Add roasted cauliflower and remaining ingredients. Enjoy!