This recipe is courtesy of our very own David Mullaney.
- 1 ½ pounds of Scallops, with the muscles removed
- 2 slices of Thick-Cut Bacon, cooked well done and diced finely into bacon bits
- 1 package of freshly chopped chives, quarter-inch cut
- 6 medium-sized Potatoes, cut into half-inch cubes
- 6 oz. of Frozen Corn
- 1 large Leek, cut into quarter-inch circles, then into half moons
- 4 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms, stems removed and cut into half-inch slices
- 1 stick of Butter
- ½ cup of Flour
- 3 cups of Half-and-Half
- 2 cups of Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Salt
- Boil water with 1 tablespoon of salt. Add potatoes and cook until soft, but firm. Drain well.
- Sauté leeks and shiitake mushrooms with butter over medium high heat until soft. Once cooked, slowly mix in all the flour until the butter is absorbed.
- Turn heat down to medium low and add all the half-and-half and milk.
- Add the cooked potatoes, frozen corn, and scallops and cook until scallops are cooked. (The internal temperature of the scallops should be 145⁰.)
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon of fresh chives and 1 tablespoon of finely diced bacon bits.
Yields: Approximately six 8-oz. bowls.