The third in our summer recipe series, courtesy of professional chefs Deja Hart and Mary Weaver of Newport Cooks: Cooking School for Adults & Children.
- 1/4 lb Day Boat Scallops, 1/4" diced
- 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit, segmented
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 Jalapeño Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sprig fresh mint, leaves cut into very thin ribbons/ chiffonade
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Arugula for plating
In a chilled bowl, mix all ingredients except olive oil then drizzle olive oil to coat the ceviche. Check seasoning for taste - ceviche should have a bright acidity. Hold in refrigerator for 4 - 5 minutes to let the ingredients “cook”. Divide ceviche evenly onto 4 cold salad plates on top of a bed of arugula. Serve immediately.