The sixth in our summer recipe series, courtesy of professional chefs Deja Hart and Mary Weaver of Newport Cooks: Cooking School for Adults & Children.
For the Fish:
- 2 Lbs Haddock, Cod, or any White Fish
- Salt and Pepper
- All Purpose Flour for dredging
- Butter for pan searing
Cut fish into long strips and season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shaking off any excess.
Place butter in a large sauté pan. When butter just begins to turn brown, add fish (making sure they are not touching). Cook until brown on one side then flip and finish cooking on the other side (approx. 5 minutes total). Serve in warm tortillas topped with avocado crema and zesty cabbage slaw.
For the Avocado Crema Sauce:
- 2 Avocados
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1⁄2 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Sour Cream, or more to taste
Place all ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth.
For the Cabbage Slaw:
- 1⁄2 Green Cabbage (green or savoy)
- 1 Carrot
- 4-6 Radishes, thinly shaved or shredded on a mandoline
- 1⁄2 cup Pepperoncinis chopped
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Rhed’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Red Onion, minced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Lemon Juice, to taste
Combine everything in a large bowl. Spoon avocado crema on each tortilla, top with fish and finish with slaw. Enjoy!