from our friend, photographer Peter Goldberg, who says his weekly supply of our fresh fish has changed his life!
This is a light dish with bright flavors. The distinct flavor of the fennel and the sweet flavor of the leeks complement any mild white fish.
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped into medium size chunks
- 1 large or 2 medium leeks chopped
- 1/2 a large bulb of Fennel chopped
- 1 lb Cod (or other white fish such as Haddock, Red Fish, Flounder) cut into large pieces
- 1/8 cup white wine (optional)
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- Lemon for serving
- Italian parsley (optional)
- In a large pan sauté the onion, leeks, fennel and celery together in the olive oil for a few minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the pepper and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add wine if using and let it cook down for several minutes.
- Place fish on top of the vegetables, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, checking occasionally. When it is opaque and flaky it’s done.
- Serve over rice or a bed of mesclun greens.
Garnish with parsley and lemon. Serves 2.