Seeking Seasonal, Full-time Fishery & Market Staff
The Local Catch, Inc. sells fresh, untreated, sustainably wild-caught local seafood direct to consumers at farmers markets. It was founded on the philosophy that selling seafood locally improves our community's relationship with the food we eat. Our strategy supports New England fishermen, is better for the environment, and provides a fresher, tastier seafood product to our community.
We are seeking a seasonal, full-time worker.
• Working in our small dockside shop cutting and packing seafood.
• Transporting our product in a company owned truck and working at local farmers markets (RI and CT) as a sales representative.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidates should meet the following requirements:
• Some experience filleting/cutting fish
• Solid motivated sales drive
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
• Ability to work indoors or outdoors
• Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time
• Ability to load and unload truck
• Basic computer skills; Outlook, Word, Excel required
• Must have a smartphone
• Must be an effective communicator
• Managerial or supervisory experience preferred
Work days are typically Wednesday-Sunday with some flexibility, but Saturdays and Sundays are a must, with Sunday being paid at a “time and a half” rate. The daily hours are varied, based upon the work flow, however, the successful candidate can count on full time hours through October with the opportunity for overtime on a weekly basis. The hourly rate is between $12–$16/hour based upon experience. There are opportunities for performance based reviews and advancement for the right candidate. The successful candidate may have the opportunity to become a year-round employee after a thorough review of his/her seasonal work performance.
The Local Catch, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.
If you wish to apply, please email Captain Cook at email@example.com with your resume, a cover letter discussing your qualifications, and any experience you have with seafood, fishing, customer service or as a supervisor. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Any offers of employment will be contingent on confirmation of a 5-year good driving history and background check.
(Please share this listing via social media, and let folks know who might be interested! In order to continue selling at the many markets we serve, and to hopefully expand our availability around the region, we need good, reliable workers who will help grow our company.)